Here are the rules for chiropractic continuing education hours in the state of Utah:
To maintain a Utah license, each chiropractic physician must have 40 CE hours minimum every even year by May 31st. The next deadline for ALL Utah licensed chiropractic physicians is May 31, 2020. Of those hours, 10 may be done through accredited online programs, like Personal Injury Training Institute, or DCOnline, two of our UCPA strategic partners.
For Guidelines for Offering Continuing Education Credits through the UCPA, all of the following must be followed:
A BOARD GUIDELINES FOR GRANTING CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT HOURS
- Content must be relevant to chiropractic practice and consistent to the rules and regulations of the state. Definition of relevance is at the sole discretion of the board.
- Learning objectives must be reasonable and clearly stated and request submitted at least 60 days before the event.
- Teaching methods much be clearly stated and appropriate.
- A written course syllabus must be presented for evaluation.
- Faculty must be qualified, both in experience and teaching expertise. Proof of this qualification is required.
- Must provide a written post course or program evaluation.
- Documentation of attendance must be provided for every 3-4 hour period.
- $100 non-refundable application fee provided up-front, preferably 60 days out minimum.
- Written request for number of CE hours desired.
- A $10 documentation and clerical maintenance fee per seminar participant.
It should be pointed out that the UCPA Board has not defined the term “relevant to chiropractic practice.” It is our view that a broad definition of this term could be beneficial at times, and that we should base our decision for hours more heavily on the content and quality of instructors for individual request. The UCPA board cannot approve Continuing Education hours for events the UCPA is not directly involved with, nor is it in the UCPA scope to grant out-of-state Continuing Education hours. February 8, 2016
***Cost of seminar must equal at least $25 per hour of CE credits given. ***
NOTE: Submissions for the UCPA website and classified ads should be sent in text form, preferably in MS Word and photos need to be at least 640 pixels saved as a JPG, for best results. PDFs cannot be seen by all computers.